Sentimental jewellery stolen from St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on for sentimental jewellery stolen from a home in St Albans.
The house, on Cromwell Close, St Albans, was burgled between 4pm on Friday (14) and 1pm on Monday (17) when no one was home.
Among the items stolen were: a white gold cultured pearl necklace, pearl earrings, a silver Ronson cigarette lighter, silver cutlery and silver plated platters, an intricately designed glass decanter, and a black bowler hat which has the victim’s name written inside.
DC Dean Trollope, who is investigating, said: “The items stolen are particularly distinctive and I would like to speak to anyone who has been offered them for sale or knows of their whereabouts.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything unusual or suspicious between the stated times in the area. Any detail, however seemingly insignificant, may prove very useful to my investigation, so please do contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DC Trollope via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101,
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared