Sentimental jewellery stolen from St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on for sentimental jewellery stolen from a home in St Albans.
The house, on Cromwell Close, St Albans, was burgled between 4pm on Friday (14) and 1pm on Monday (17) when no one was home.
Among the items stolen were: a white gold cultured pearl necklace, pearl earrings, a silver Ronson cigarette lighter, silver cutlery and silver plated platters, an intricately designed glass decanter, and a black bowler hat which has the victim’s name written inside.
DC Dean Trollope, who is investigating, said: “The items stolen are particularly distinctive and I would like to speak to anyone who has been offered them for sale or knows of their whereabouts.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything unusual or suspicious between the stated times in the area. Any detail, however seemingly insignificant, may prove very useful to my investigation, so please do contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact DC Trollope via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101,
Alternatively people can call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant