‘Sentimental’ jewellery stolen during burglary of St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
As the spike in burglaries across the district continues police are hunting for information about items that were stolen from a home in St Albans.
A golden bracelet, purchased from W.KRUK company, an inherited teardrop sapphire in gold with chain, a golden pendant in the shape of an Egyptian cartouche with hieroglyphs, and an Electric drill with accumulator were all stolen from an address in Carisbrooke Road in St Albans.
The home was targeted between 7.30am and 5.55pm on Thursday, November 12, and police are appealing for any information about the incident or the items stolen.
This comes as the number of burglaries in the area has increased by 34 per cent from October to November, and by 20 per cent from October to December when compared to the same time last year.
Det Cons Stuart Alexander is investigating and said: “The jewellery is worth thousands of pounds and some is of sentimental value to the victim and they would of course like to see the items returned and those responsible for taking them brought to justice.”
Anyone who has information should call Herts Police on the non-emergency number 101, or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products