Second man charged in St Albans ‘hit and run’ case
ANOTHER man has been charged following an alleged hit and run incident which left a popular young father fighting for his life in hospital.
Ali Abdul-Hussain, 27, from The Ridgeway in St Albans, stands accused of perverting the course of justice in connection with the incident in Mountbatten Close on Monday last week.
As revealed in last week’s Herts Advertiser, 26-year-old Deryck Bell was allegedly knocked down at around 8.15pm by a black Ford Focus after leaving his friend’s wake at the London Road Social Club.
He was critically injured but is now thought to be making a speedy recovery in a normal hospital ward.
Ricky Hall, 28, from Francis Avenue, St Albans, was arrested two days after the incident and was charged with dangerous driving, GBH with intent, as well as driving without insurance and a driving licence.
You may also want to watch:
Both of the accused have been bailed to appear in court at a later date.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans