Second man charged in St Albans ‘hit and run’ case
ANOTHER man has been charged following an alleged hit and run incident which left a popular young father fighting for his life in hospital.
Ali Abdul-Hussain, 27, from The Ridgeway in St Albans, stands accused of perverting the course of justice in connection with the incident in Mountbatten Close on Monday last week.
As revealed in last week’s Herts Advertiser, 26-year-old Deryck Bell was allegedly knocked down at around 8.15pm by a black Ford Focus after leaving his friend’s wake at the London Road Social Club.
He was critically injured but is now thought to be making a speedy recovery in a normal hospital ward.
Ricky Hall, 28, from Francis Avenue, St Albans, was arrested two days after the incident and was charged with dangerous driving, GBH with intent, as well as driving without insurance and a driving licence.
You may also want to watch:
Both of the accused have been bailed to appear in court at a later date.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge