Second award for St Albans PR director
FOR the second time in two years, Stuart Brooks, managing director of St Albans PR consultancy, Blackbird Communications, has won the award for Best Freelance PR Practitioner in the Thames and Chiltern region, organised by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
Having first won gold in 2010, Brooks was awarded top honours again in 2012 in recognition of the successful development of his business and the work carried out for his clients.
More than 1,000 entries were received from freelancers, consultancies and in-house teams across 12 UK regions for this year’s awards, which acknowledge outstanding achievements within the public relations industry. The judging process for the CIPR PRide Awards is rigorous with a national panel of PR experts tasked with assessing the shortlisted entries and choosing the winners.
Stuart, who was also a finalist for PR Freelancer of the Year at the 2012 Public Relations Consultants Association 2012 awards in London, said: “I’m thrilled to win for a second time. Working as a freelancer means that everything is down to the individual, so it’s fantastic to get the recognition from your own industry on top of the value delivered to clients.
“It’s a great way to top off another very busy year for Blackbird.”
You may also want to watch:
CIPR CEO, Jane Wilson, added: “The Thames and Chiltern CIPR PRide Awards celebrate the best PR and communications campaigns and people from across the region.
“The sheer number of high quality entries received this year, especially when things are still pretty tough out there economically, is testament to a thriving regional industry.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
“The CIPR PRide Awards represent the best, most creative and most effective public relations work across the UK and to win an award is a great achievement.”