Search on for picture stolen from Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Sixteen years after it was stolen from a local school, the hunt is continuing for a missing sketch.
The sketch, which went missing at St George’s School in Harpenden, was taken from owner Annie Lightfoot, 32, while she was taking her GCSE Art.
She said: “My teacher said that they loved the drawing so much that she wanted to make an invitation out of it and that’s the last I saw of it.
“When I went back to collect the sketch after the summer, they told me it wasn’t there. I just thought it seemed so weird, as it had been most popular among the teachers.”
Annie only has the small A7 size invitation left as a reminder of her picture, which was originally A1 in size.
You may also want to watch:
Annie, who runs an interior design business, added: “It would be nice to get it back or to know who has got it. Even if the person who has it really wants it, they can have it but ultimately I want it back.”
The picture was an interpretation of Escher’s Hand with Reflecting Sphere. Anyone with information should contact Annie via firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land