Search on for picture stolen from Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Sixteen years after it was stolen from a local school, the hunt is continuing for a missing sketch.
The sketch, which went missing at St George’s School in Harpenden, was taken from owner Annie Lightfoot, 32, while she was taking her GCSE Art.
She said: “My teacher said that they loved the drawing so much that she wanted to make an invitation out of it and that’s the last I saw of it.
“When I went back to collect the sketch after the summer, they told me it wasn’t there. I just thought it seemed so weird, as it had been most popular among the teachers.”
Annie only has the small A7 size invitation left as a reminder of her picture, which was originally A1 in size.
Annie, who runs an interior design business, added: “It would be nice to get it back or to know who has got it. Even if the person who has it really wants it, they can have it but ultimately I want it back.”
The picture was an interpretation of Escher’s Hand with Reflecting Sphere. Anyone with information should contact Annie via firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford