Search on for picture stolen from Harpenden school
- Credit: Archant
Sixteen years after it was stolen from a local school, the hunt is continuing for a missing sketch.
The sketch, which went missing at St George’s School in Harpenden, was taken from owner Annie Lightfoot, 32, while she was taking her GCSE Art.
She said: “My teacher said that they loved the drawing so much that she wanted to make an invitation out of it and that’s the last I saw of it.
“When I went back to collect the sketch after the summer, they told me it wasn’t there. I just thought it seemed so weird, as it had been most popular among the teachers.”
Annie only has the small A7 size invitation left as a reminder of her picture, which was originally A1 in size.
You may also want to watch:
Annie, who runs an interior design business, added: “It would be nice to get it back or to know who has got it. Even if the person who has it really wants it, they can have it but ultimately I want it back.”
The picture was an interpretation of Escher’s Hand with Reflecting Sphere. Anyone with information should contact Annie via firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images