School report 'outstanding'
OUTSTANDING was the word used by a Government inspector to describe every aspect of education at a school. St John s Church of England Infant and Nursery School in Radlett was awarded the highest Ofsted rating of outstanding for its excellent work with pu
OUTSTANDING was the word used by a Government inspector to describe every aspect of education at a school.
St John's Church of England Infant and Nursery School in Radlett was awarded the highest Ofsted rating of outstanding for its excellent work with pupils and its caring ethos following an inspection in January.
The inspector highlighted the way in which the school in Gills Hill Lane engaged the children by saying: "The curriculum is outstanding and this encourages them to enjoy school because they are interested and challenged."
The report also drew attention to how St John's equipped children for the future. The inspector Paul Cosway said they learned to collaborate and work well as part of a group and that, along with the excellent progress they made in literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology, ensured they were prepared particularly well for their future lives.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Katharine Passmore said: "This report reflects the hard work and dedication of all members of the school community - staff, children, governors and parents.
"The report highlighted that we have a desire to continue to improve and we look forward to doing this in the months and years to come."
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Chair of governors, Dr Martin Bigg, said: "I am particularly pleased that the inspector praised the outstanding leadership and management of the school and noted that the pupils benefit from excellent care, guidance and support.
"St John's has made outstanding education progress. One of the key features that the inspection noted was the outstanding personal development of the children.