School prepares to celebrate 70 years
A school is calling on former pupils to help celebrate its 70th anniversary this summer. Beaumont in St Albans has been providing secondary education to 11 to 18-year-olds since 1938 and will be commemorating its achievements with two main events. The Bea
A school is calling on former pupils to help celebrate its 70th anniversary this summer.
Beaumont in St Albans has been providing secondary education to 11 to 18-year-olds since 1938 and will be commemorating its achievements with two main events.
The Beaumont School Association (BSA), which provides support and fundraising, along with the Old Beaumontians (OBs), a group of former students, are keen to make contact with anyone with links to the school for the celebrations.
The OBs, which any past member can join, are eager to hear people's recollections of life at Beaumont over the last 70 years and would like to borrow any memorabilia to contribute to a display.
The main celebrations will be held on July 5, with a reception and lunch reunion with entertainment from the music department, followed by tours of the school in Oakwood Drive.
A black-tie anniversary ball will then follow in the evening at the Old Albanians Club in Harpenden Road which will enable the BSA to make a major contribution to equip the school's science labs for the 21st century.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
Applications for the lunch are needed by June 6. For further details about both events visit www.beaumontschool.com or call Ann Darnell at the school on 01727 854726.