School head's leaving report is outstanding
HEAD teacher Ruth Cornish is going out on a real high – her school has been found to be outstanding in almost every category by Ofsted. Ruth has been head of Wood End School in Harpenden for four years and is going to take up a post as school advisor for
HEAD teacher Ruth Cornish is going out on a real high - her school has been found to be outstanding in almost every category by Ofsted.
Ruth has been head of Wood End School in Harpenden for four years and is going to take up a post as school advisor for Herts.
She is delighted to leave the school with a shining endorsement from the Government agency which found the school to be outstanding in 30 out of the 33 inspection categories and good in the other three.
The team from Ofsted praised the school for making them feel so welcome when they visited Wood End and the report described it as an outstanding school where pupils received a first-class education.
You may also want to watch:
The head's outstanding leadership was singled out together with the support from the "excellent" governing body which had used opportunities to bring in new staff to create a cohesive and very effective team.
Standards were found to be consistently high throughout the school which provides a calm and happy learning atmosphere and excellent care, support and guidance.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The Ofsted team also described the personal development of pupils as outstanding with their behaviour in lessons and around school as excellent.
The report adds: "Because teachers and support staff are particularly effective in supporting individual pupils to improve their work in lessons, all pupils achieve very well and most attain very high standards.