Sarries pledge their support to Herts 10K
SARACENS have once again given their support to this year’s Herts 10K which is being held next month.
The rugby team has joined forces with the Herts 10K to offer some great prizes for people who raise over �50 in sponsorship.
They include a set of four tickets to a Saracens match at Wembley Stadium in 2010, four tickets to a Saracens match at Vicarage Road in 2010-11 plus a signed Saracens jersey.
To see Saracens in action before that, watch them the weekend after the Herts 10K as they return to Wembley Stadium on Saturday, October 16, when they welcome former European champions Leinster to the world famous stadium in the Heineken Cup.
The innovative North London club is now taking European rugby to the iconic venue after staging four successful matches last season – attracting crowds of more than 40,000 on every occasion.
Ireland captain, Brian O’Driscoll, is just one of the many internationals in the Leinster side who won the tournament in 2009 and is one of the favourites this season.
Under Captain Steve Borthwick, Wembley has become a home from home for Saracens.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
New faces to the squad for 2010/11 include England internationals David Strettle, Richard Wigglesworth and Scottish forward Kelly Brown who join an exciting group of young English players at Saracens including Alex Goode, Andy Saull and Noah Cato.
Saracens @ Wembley is not just about the rugby. Diversity, winners of Britain’s Got Talent, along with The Saturdays, Chipmunk and even Right Said Fred have been part of the experience at Saracens matches along with daredevil high-wire acts, circus performers and hit West End Shows – one fan even walked home �250,000 richer just by kicking a ball.
On October 16 Saracens promise more fun, more live music and entertainment and more surprises!
The game will begin at 5.45pm with pre-match entertainment kicking off at 4.45pm. Tickets are from �5 and can be purchased now from www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 0844 847 2482.
The Herts 10K takes place at 10am on Sunday, October 10, at Rothamsted Research in Harpenden. For more information visit www.herts10k.com