Saracens meet St Albans City FC on the pitch for charity match
- Credit: Archant
Players from Saracens Rugby and St Albans City FC will be clashing in a charity football match taking place next week.
Wednesday’s event at Clarence Park has been organised as part of a Dragons Apprentice Challenge by Team Midas from Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden.
The team, consisting of seven girls, was paired with Kelly Avis-Hay and Elly Davis from St Albans procurement consultancy, E K Procure to raise funds for AgeUK Herts, a local charity helping older people in Hertfordshire to improve their lives through financial, social and physical well-being, and they have already hosted a successful race night.
Kelly Avis-Hay of E K Procure said: “Both St Albans City FC and Saracens have been exceptionally generous with their support.
“Our aim is to increase the amount of money already raised at the race night for AgeUK Herts, as well as hosting an amazing community event.
“We are particularly keen to get children to come along and take part, so we will be running a number of activities including a ‘Beat the Goalie’ competition from 5.30pm. We hope that as many local residents and families as possible will join us.”
Saints commercial manager Tom Norman added: “ We are delighted to be hosting this worthwhile charity event in our stadium. Speaking personally, as an ex-pupil of Sir John Lawes School I am very proud of Team Midas and their initiative. We hope that as many people as possible will attend and support the event.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
As well as the football match, there will be a raffle at half-time and refreshments will be available.