Saracens donating Wembley ticket sales to skin charity
ST ALBANS-based rugby club Saracens are donating a percentage of the ticket sales for their upcoming Premiership game to the British Skin Foundation.
The Aviva Premier League match against Leicester Tigers takes place at Wembley this Saturday, September 15, and hopes to raise thousands for the skin charity.
For every adult ticket sold the charity will receive a �5 donation, and a �2 donation for each under-16s ticket sold, provided a special code is entered at the online checkout.
David Wilkinson, from the Saracens marketing team said: “We chose to support the British Skin Foundation as one of the charities to participate in this fantastic scheme because we knew about the great work they do, and the whole of the Saracens team wanted to help however they could.”
Bevis Man, communications manager for the British Skin Foundation, said the charity was proud to have the support of the Saracens team.
He added: “There’s a huge potential for some serious fundraising here for such an important cause, especially with recent news that skin cancer rates have tripled in the middle-aged since the 1970s.
“We’re determined to help fight skin disease and skin cancer, and with the help of the team and all the supporters, they’ll be helping to make a real difference to achieving this.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
To buy tickets visit the Saracens’ charity page at: www.saracensatwembley.com/groups