Saracens donating Wembley ticket sales to skin charity
ST ALBANS-based rugby club Saracens are donating a percentage of the ticket sales for their upcoming Premiership game to the British Skin Foundation.
The Aviva Premier League match against Leicester Tigers takes place at Wembley this Saturday, September 15, and hopes to raise thousands for the skin charity.
For every adult ticket sold the charity will receive a �5 donation, and a �2 donation for each under-16s ticket sold, provided a special code is entered at the online checkout.
David Wilkinson, from the Saracens marketing team said: “We chose to support the British Skin Foundation as one of the charities to participate in this fantastic scheme because we knew about the great work they do, and the whole of the Saracens team wanted to help however they could.”
Bevis Man, communications manager for the British Skin Foundation, said the charity was proud to have the support of the Saracens team.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “There’s a huge potential for some serious fundraising here for such an important cause, especially with recent news that skin cancer rates have tripled in the middle-aged since the 1970s.
“We’re determined to help fight skin disease and skin cancer, and with the help of the team and all the supporters, they’ll be helping to make a real difference to achieving this.”
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
To buy tickets visit the Saracens’ charity page at: www.saracensatwembley.com/groups