Saracens coach Andy Farrell to open Harpenden Christmas tree festival
SARACENS coach Andy Farrell will help officially open a Harpenden church Christmas tree festival next month to raise funds for Keech Hospice Care.
The former rugby union and league international (pictured) is to join visitors at a gala evening next Wednesday, December 1, at 7.30pm, to see Harpenden High Street Methodist Church transformed by thousands of lights at the fundraising event.
Organising group chairman Arthur Taverner said community groups in Harpenden had been invited to decorate 70 Christmas tree with lights, to the theme of “Sing Choirs of Angels.”
Those participating have been invited to make voluntary contributions towards the fundraiser for both the hospice, which provides emotional and practical support for adults and children diagnosed with a life-limiting condition, and the church’s building fund, for its new youth centre and improvement works in the hall and sanctuary.
The evening also features ladies barbershop quartet the Welwyn Harmony Chorus, who will sing two 50-minute-long sets. The festival, from next Thursday to Sunday, includes a programme of music events from schools, choirs and a festival feast on Friday and a celebratory finale evening featuring a “big sing style service” at 6.30pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can see the decorated trees from 9.30am-5pm from Thursday to Saturday and from 1-5.30pm on Sunday. Entrance is �3 with children under 16 free. More details are available on concert programmes at the church.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans