Santas on the run again in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Festive fundraisers the Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run are back for another year to help you get in the Christmas spirit while raising funds for Grove House.
Hundreds of Santas and super cute reindeers will be taking part in the event, on Sunday December 7, starting outside the Waterend Barn, just off St Peter’s Street in St Albans.
Participants are also encouraged to gain sponsorship for the event with every penny going to help local people with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
In 2013 Grove House nurses travelled 4,000 miles caring for patients in their own homes during the 12 days of Christmas and gave 1,273 hours of patient care. This year that figure is likely to increase as they now care for even more patients.
The Reindeer Run is open to families and youngsters of all ages and entry costs just £10 to include reindeer ears and a medal.
Entry to the Jingle Bell Jog is open to anyone over 10 years of age and costs £17 which includes a Santa suit and medal for all participants.
The cast of Jack and the Beanstalk, this year’s Alban Arena Pantomime, will be there to start the race.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The fun will begin at 11am for the shorter Reindeer Run, 1.5K, and families of all ages are welcome to run, walk or toddle the course. Then promptly at 11.30am hundreds of red suited Santas will take their places to run 5K around the town.
Popular stilt walker Jack Frost will also be paying a visit on the day. Refreshments will be available to purchase and there will be the opportunity to stock up on Grove House Christmas cards and small gifts.
For further information or to enter visit www.renniegrove.org/jinglebelljog or phone 01442 820740 and the fundraising team will be pleased to help you. For Christmas items, which include cards, calendars, diaries, virtual gifts and a Christmas pudding, visit www.renniegrove.org/shop