St Albans boy’s work hung on Royal Academy of Arts wall
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolboy’s art is adorning the walls of the Royal Academy.
Sandringham School A-level pupil Oli Kellert, 16, was entered into a competition by his head of art for the Young Artist Summer Show at the Royal Academy of Arts.
Out of 6,200 submissions, only 135 artists were chosen to have their artwork displayed at the Royal Academy. His work will be hung on the walls of the Royal Academy of Arts from July 13 to Aug 4.
The school had a trip into London to see the painting this week.
Oli said: "It was so cool to see my work hanging up on the walls and to be able to show my friends on our school trip."
You may also want to watch:
Head of art at Sandringham School Elizabeth Kelly said: "We are so proud of Oliver! An incredible achievement!"
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden