St Albans boy’s work hung on Royal Academy of Arts wall
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans schoolboy’s art is adorning the walls of the Royal Academy.
Sandringham School A-level pupil Oli Kellert, 16, was entered into a competition by his head of art for the Young Artist Summer Show at the Royal Academy of Arts.
Out of 6,200 submissions, only 135 artists were chosen to have their artwork displayed at the Royal Academy. His work will be hung on the walls of the Royal Academy of Arts from July 13 to Aug 4.
The school had a trip into London to see the painting this week.
Oli said: "It was so cool to see my work hanging up on the walls and to be able to show my friends on our school trip."
You may also want to watch:
Head of art at Sandringham School Elizabeth Kelly said: "We are so proud of Oliver! An incredible achievement!"
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season