Sandridge School pupils celebrate Christmas at winter fair
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge School in Woodcock Hill attracted record numbers to their winter fair last weekend despite the snowy weather.
Stalls on offer included a Harry Potter spin-the-wheel game, a tombola, and a card stall where visitors could craft their own cards.
There was also a craft cabin for making tree decorations, an elves’ workshop for wrapping gifts, and the landlord from The Green Man playing the role of Santa in his grotto.
For the first time, former Sandridge pupils were invited to join the team of volunteers helping out at the fair. The pupils received a letter of commendation from headteacher Lisa Roberts for their efforts in running stalls and helping younger pupils.
PTA member Rachael Black said: “The school is keen to support former pupils on their journey through life and they certainly enjoyed their time back there in a more responsible role.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge amount of work from all the teachers and children went into theming each classroom.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25