Sandridge School pupils celebrate Christmas at winter fair
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge School in Woodcock Hill attracted record numbers to their winter fair last weekend despite the snowy weather.
Stalls on offer included a Harry Potter spin-the-wheel game, a tombola, and a card stall where visitors could craft their own cards.
There was also a craft cabin for making tree decorations, an elves’ workshop for wrapping gifts, and the landlord from The Green Man playing the role of Santa in his grotto.
For the first time, former Sandridge pupils were invited to join the team of volunteers helping out at the fair. The pupils received a letter of commendation from headteacher Lisa Roberts for their efforts in running stalls and helping younger pupils.
PTA member Rachael Black said: “The school is keen to support former pupils on their journey through life and they certainly enjoyed their time back there in a more responsible role.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge amount of work from all the teachers and children went into theming each classroom.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor