Sammy is the new pride of St Albans City football club
- Credit: Archant
Hopes are high for the latest member of St Albans City FC, with his future at the club set to be a roaring success.
Sammy the Saint is the new mascot of the club, taking the form of a Roman lion, and can be spotted on match days and at club events from now on.
Co-owner of the club, Lawrence Levy, said: “We are delighted to welcome Sammy onto the team.
“He is very excited about joining the club and is looking forward to meeting lots of children.
“He is particularly keen to talk to them about the joys of playing football and encouraging them to watch The Saints.”
You may also want to watch:
Six-foot Sammy will not only be prowling around the club grounds but hopes to get involved in as many community projects as possible.
Spreading support for the Saints, Sammy will be making appearances at local schools and talking to children from across the city.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
If you would like Sammy to come to your party or event, contact Tom Norman, the club’s commercial manager, on 07876801484.
Sammy is pictured with Lawrence Levy and commercial manager Tom Norman