Sammy is the new pride of St Albans City football club
- Credit: Archant
Hopes are high for the latest member of St Albans City FC, with his future at the club set to be a roaring success.
Sammy the Saint is the new mascot of the club, taking the form of a Roman lion, and can be spotted on match days and at club events from now on.
Co-owner of the club, Lawrence Levy, said: “We are delighted to welcome Sammy onto the team.
“He is very excited about joining the club and is looking forward to meeting lots of children.
“He is particularly keen to talk to them about the joys of playing football and encouraging them to watch The Saints.”
You may also want to watch:
Six-foot Sammy will not only be prowling around the club grounds but hopes to get involved in as many community projects as possible.
Spreading support for the Saints, Sammy will be making appearances at local schools and talking to children from across the city.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
If you would like Sammy to come to your party or event, contact Tom Norman, the club’s commercial manager, on 07876801484.
Sammy is pictured with Lawrence Levy and commercial manager Tom Norman