Sammy is the new pride of St Albans City football club
- Credit: Archant
Hopes are high for the latest member of St Albans City FC, with his future at the club set to be a roaring success.
Sammy the Saint is the new mascot of the club, taking the form of a Roman lion, and can be spotted on match days and at club events from now on.
Co-owner of the club, Lawrence Levy, said: “We are delighted to welcome Sammy onto the team.
“He is very excited about joining the club and is looking forward to meeting lots of children.
“He is particularly keen to talk to them about the joys of playing football and encouraging them to watch The Saints.”
Six-foot Sammy will not only be prowling around the club grounds but hopes to get involved in as many community projects as possible.
Spreading support for the Saints, Sammy will be making appearances at local schools and talking to children from across the city.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 6 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 7 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 9 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
- 10 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
If you would like Sammy to come to your party or event, contact Tom Norman, the club’s commercial manager, on 07876801484.
Sammy is pictured with Lawrence Levy and commercial manager Tom Norman