St Albans schoolboy braves the shave for Stroke Association in memory of Grandpa
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans youngster has raised over £1,500 for the Stroke Association in memory of his grandpa.
Sam Preston, 10, shaved his head on Saturday (October 17) after losing his grandfather Roger Kendell to a stroke at the start of the month.
Enthusiastic to raise money in Roger’s memory, he received a windfall of pledges from classmates and teachers, smashing his original £200 fundraising goal.
His mum Corinna said: “Sam’s challenge has been a very welcome distraction for us as family since dad passed away.
“Sam mentioned what he wanted to do and then went to school and made his own sponsorship forms. I was getting messages from other parents wanting to donate – which has been lovely!”
You may also want to watch:
“We just wanted to touch his head after he’d done it, so I think he’s getting really annoyed with us doing that.”
To donate to Sam’s head shave, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/samuelkp
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden