St Albans schoolboy braves the shave for Stroke Association in memory of Grandpa
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans youngster has raised over £1,500 for the Stroke Association in memory of his grandpa.
Sam Preston, 10, shaved his head on Saturday (October 17) after losing his grandfather Roger Kendell to a stroke at the start of the month.
Enthusiastic to raise money in Roger’s memory, he received a windfall of pledges from classmates and teachers, smashing his original £200 fundraising goal.
His mum Corinna said: “Sam’s challenge has been a very welcome distraction for us as family since dad passed away.
“Sam mentioned what he wanted to do and then went to school and made his own sponsorship forms. I was getting messages from other parents wanting to donate – which has been lovely!”
You may also want to watch:
“We just wanted to touch his head after he’d done it, so I think he’s getting really annoyed with us doing that.”
To donate to Sam’s head shave, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/samuelkp
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll