Saints’ unbeaten run ended
Whitwell condemn St Peter’s to first defeat
HSCL Division One
Whitwell AFC 3
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S’ unbeaten run came to an at Whitwell AFC on Saturday with a 3-2 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter’s took the lead on the half hour when an excellent pass from Jamie Rayner found Jack Rees and he cross form Brinsley Bailey to net his fifth goal of the campaign.
Bailey thought he’d netted a second shortly after but was adjudged offside by the officials.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The Saints’ half time lead was wiped out immediately as Whitwell scored straight from the restart.
Both sides had chances before Rayner restored Saints’ lead from the penalty spot.
The lead didn’t last long though as Whitwell equalised with a cracking shot past ‘keeper Billy Barnes and the home side snatched all three points with a controversial late goal.
Goalkeeper Barnes thought he’d clawed out a goalbound effort only for the officials to rule that it had crossed the line.
St Peter’s take on 8 Bells St Peter’s at Lemsford on Saturday, kick off 3pm.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox, Gauthier (Mardle), Wiltshire; Rayner, Jordan, Beswick, Frost; Rees, Savory (Moss), Bailey. Sub not used: C Eames.