Saints’ unbeaten run ended
Whitwell condemn St Peter’s to first defeat
HSCL Division One
Whitwell AFC 3
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S’ unbeaten run came to an at Whitwell AFC on Saturday with a 3-2 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter’s took the lead on the half hour when an excellent pass from Jamie Rayner found Jack Rees and he cross form Brinsley Bailey to net his fifth goal of the campaign.
Bailey thought he’d netted a second shortly after but was adjudged offside by the officials.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
The Saints’ half time lead was wiped out immediately as Whitwell scored straight from the restart.
Both sides had chances before Rayner restored Saints’ lead from the penalty spot.
The lead didn’t last long though as Whitwell equalised with a cracking shot past ‘keeper Billy Barnes and the home side snatched all three points with a controversial late goal.
Goalkeeper Barnes thought he’d clawed out a goalbound effort only for the officials to rule that it had crossed the line.
St Peter’s take on 8 Bells St Peter’s at Lemsford on Saturday, kick off 3pm.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Cox, Gauthier (Mardle), Wiltshire; Rayner, Jordan, Beswick, Frost; Rees, Savory (Moss), Bailey. Sub not used: C Eames.