Saints on a winning run
HSCL Division One
HSCL Division One
Old Parmiterians 1
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S gained maximum points from their two victories during the week.
On Saturday the Saints travelled to Garston to take on Old Parmiterians and returned with a deserved 2-1 victory to make it seven points from a possible nine.
Injuries and unavailabilites forced manager Dave Whitehead into several changes.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
A pitch covered with excessively long grass hampered flowing football and a strong down wind favoured the home side during the first half but despite this they failed to take advantage with the Saints creating the better opportunities.
On the half hour the Saints went ahead when an excellent move down the right involving Jack Rees was finished off by Harry Cunningham.
The lead was doubled midway into the second half when Rees again teed up Cunningham to score.
A dubious converted penalty gave the home side late hope but the Saints successfully defended their late rally and indeed could have extended their lead but Rees’ shot hit the woodwork.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier (Cox), Wilthisre, Mardle, Rees, Jordan, Sandiford, Frost; Savory, Cunningham (Easter).
n The previous Thursday, the Saints dug deep to win 4-3 at AFC Hertford. Mark Savory scored helped himself to a hat-trick and Joel Norris grabbed the other to give the Saints all three points.
This Saturday St Peter’s travel to Hertford Heath (KO 3pm).