Saints on a winning run
HSCL Division One
HSCL Division One
Old Parmiterians 1
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S gained maximum points from their two victories during the week.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Saints travelled to Garston to take on Old Parmiterians and returned with a deserved 2-1 victory to make it seven points from a possible nine.
Injuries and unavailabilites forced manager Dave Whitehead into several changes.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
A pitch covered with excessively long grass hampered flowing football and a strong down wind favoured the home side during the first half but despite this they failed to take advantage with the Saints creating the better opportunities.
On the half hour the Saints went ahead when an excellent move down the right involving Jack Rees was finished off by Harry Cunningham.
The lead was doubled midway into the second half when Rees again teed up Cunningham to score.
A dubious converted penalty gave the home side late hope but the Saints successfully defended their late rally and indeed could have extended their lead but Rees’ shot hit the woodwork.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier (Cox), Wilthisre, Mardle, Rees, Jordan, Sandiford, Frost; Savory, Cunningham (Easter).
n The previous Thursday, the Saints dug deep to win 4-3 at AFC Hertford. Mark Savory scored helped himself to a hat-trick and Joel Norris grabbed the other to give the Saints all three points.
This Saturday St Peter’s travel to Hertford Heath (KO 3pm).