Saints on a winning run
HSCL Division One
HSCL Division One
Old Parmiterians 1
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S gained maximum points from their two victories during the week.
On Saturday the Saints travelled to Garston to take on Old Parmiterians and returned with a deserved 2-1 victory to make it seven points from a possible nine.
Injuries and unavailabilites forced manager Dave Whitehead into several changes.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
A pitch covered with excessively long grass hampered flowing football and a strong down wind favoured the home side during the first half but despite this they failed to take advantage with the Saints creating the better opportunities.
On the half hour the Saints went ahead when an excellent move down the right involving Jack Rees was finished off by Harry Cunningham.
The lead was doubled midway into the second half when Rees again teed up Cunningham to score.
A dubious converted penalty gave the home side late hope but the Saints successfully defended their late rally and indeed could have extended their lead but Rees’ shot hit the woodwork.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier (Cox), Wilthisre, Mardle, Rees, Jordan, Sandiford, Frost; Savory, Cunningham (Easter).
n The previous Thursday, the Saints dug deep to win 4-3 at AFC Hertford. Mark Savory scored helped himself to a hat-trick and Joel Norris grabbed the other to give the Saints all three points.
This Saturday St Peter’s travel to Hertford Heath (KO 3pm).