Saints on a winning run
HSCL Division One
HSCL Division One
Old Parmiterians 1
St Peter’s 2
ST PETER’S gained maximum points from their two victories during the week.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Saints travelled to Garston to take on Old Parmiterians and returned with a deserved 2-1 victory to make it seven points from a possible nine.
Injuries and unavailabilites forced manager Dave Whitehead into several changes.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
A pitch covered with excessively long grass hampered flowing football and a strong down wind favoured the home side during the first half but despite this they failed to take advantage with the Saints creating the better opportunities.
On the half hour the Saints went ahead when an excellent move down the right involving Jack Rees was finished off by Harry Cunningham.
The lead was doubled midway into the second half when Rees again teed up Cunningham to score.
A dubious converted penalty gave the home side late hope but the Saints successfully defended their late rally and indeed could have extended their lead but Rees’ shot hit the woodwork.
St Peter’s: Barnes; Beswick, Gauthier (Cox), Wilthisre, Mardle, Rees, Jordan, Sandiford, Frost; Savory, Cunningham (Easter).
n The previous Thursday, the Saints dug deep to win 4-3 at AFC Hertford. Mark Savory scored helped himself to a hat-trick and Joel Norris grabbed the other to give the Saints all three points.
This Saturday St Peter’s travel to Hertford Heath (KO 3pm).