Sainsbury's adopts Grove House
A NEWLY-opened store and petrol station has chosen Grove House as its charity of the year. Michael McGregor, manager of Sainsbury s Local and petrol station in Marshalswick said: We are delighted to be supporting Grove House this year. We are a local s
A NEWLY-opened store and petrol station has chosen Grove House as its charity of the year.
Michael McGregor, manager of Sainsbury's Local and petrol station in Marshalswick said: "We are delighted to be supporting Grove House this year.
"We are a local shop offering a local service to our customers; we feel it is important to support a local charity. There are so many people whose lives are touched by cancer. Grove House is there to really support people through what can be a very difficult time."
Grove House community fundraiser, Liz Hizli, said: "We are very pleased to have Sainsbury's on board. Customers have already been very generous in the past few weeks; they have already raised over �200 in collecting buckets by the tills.
You may also want to watch:
"I know the staff are planning some great fundraising events over the next few months. Everyone is very enthusiastic to raise as much money as possible for Grove House during this year."
For more information about arranging a fundraising event phone Liz on 01727 731008.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'