Safety concerns over St Albans new Westminster Lodge
FACILITIES are not meeting health and safety standards at the new Westminster Lodge spa in St Albans according to unhappy customers.
The leisure centre spa officially opened for business on Saturday and the Herts Advertiser understands dozens of complaints have already been logged.
Among the problems customers have cited amber sap leaking from wood in the sauna, grit and sharp stones in the spa and door handles that are too hot to touch in the heated rooms.
One Westminster Lodge member, who preferred to remain anonymous, said: “Everything should have been tested to make sure it was working before they opened for business. Really they should have shut the spa and got it working 100 per cent properly.
“It is a total shambles and they are jeopardising people’s health and safety.”
Users of the new spa have also raised concerns there is no disclaimer outlining the potential health risks for people with conditions such as diabetes and heart problems outside the heated rooms.
A spokesman for Everyone Active, which is managing the facility in partnership with St Albans district council, said: “We have been made aware of the issues by customers who used our facility for the first time on Saturday. We are in the process of dealing with the problems in the spa.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
“We would encourage all customers to report any issues before leaving the spa as this allows us to act quickly to rectify any problems that are brought to our attention.