Safety concerns over St Albans new Westminster Lodge
FACILITIES are not meeting health and safety standards at the new Westminster Lodge spa in St Albans according to unhappy customers.
The leisure centre spa officially opened for business on Saturday and the Herts Advertiser understands dozens of complaints have already been logged.
Among the problems customers have cited amber sap leaking from wood in the sauna, grit and sharp stones in the spa and door handles that are too hot to touch in the heated rooms.
One Westminster Lodge member, who preferred to remain anonymous, said: “Everything should have been tested to make sure it was working before they opened for business. Really they should have shut the spa and got it working 100 per cent properly.
“It is a total shambles and they are jeopardising people’s health and safety.”
You may also want to watch:
Users of the new spa have also raised concerns there is no disclaimer outlining the potential health risks for people with conditions such as diabetes and heart problems outside the heated rooms.
A spokesman for Everyone Active, which is managing the facility in partnership with St Albans district council, said: “We have been made aware of the issues by customers who used our facility for the first time on Saturday. We are in the process of dealing with the problems in the spa.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
“We would encourage all customers to report any issues before leaving the spa as this allows us to act quickly to rectify any problems that are brought to our attention.