Safe stolen during St Albans restaurant burglary
A SAFE, containing a large amount of cash, was stolen when thieves targeted a restaurant in St Albans.
The incident happened at The Breakfast Club on Stanhope Road, between 3.30pm on Sunday November 27 and 7.30am on Monday November 28.
Thieves are said to have forced entry to the premises and removed the safe.
Investigating officer, PC Chris Kouwenberg, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident to contact me.
“A safe is a large object to carry, so any burglars would have been fairly conspicuous to passers-by or neighbours.
“If you saw anything or have any information, please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kouwenberg via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped