Safe stolen during St Albans restaurant burglary
A SAFE, containing a large amount of cash, was stolen when thieves targeted a restaurant in St Albans.
The incident happened at The Breakfast Club on Stanhope Road, between 3.30pm on Sunday November 27 and 7.30am on Monday November 28.
Thieves are said to have forced entry to the premises and removed the safe.
Investigating officer, PC Chris Kouwenberg, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident to contact me.
“A safe is a large object to carry, so any burglars would have been fairly conspicuous to passers-by or neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“If you saw anything or have any information, please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kouwenberg via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters