Safe stolen during St Albans restaurant burglary
A SAFE, containing a large amount of cash, was stolen when thieves targeted a restaurant in St Albans.
The incident happened at The Breakfast Club on Stanhope Road, between 3.30pm on Sunday November 27 and 7.30am on Monday November 28.
Thieves are said to have forced entry to the premises and removed the safe.
Investigating officer, PC Chris Kouwenberg, said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time of the incident to contact me.
“A safe is a large object to carry, so any burglars would have been fairly conspicuous to passers-by or neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“If you saw anything or have any information, please get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Kouwenberg via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life