Rupert Grint runs in Olympic torch relay
HARRY Potter star Rupert Grint, one of Kimpton’s most famous residents, added a touch of magic to day 68 of the Olympic torch relay today, carrying the flame near Middlesex University.
The 23 year old, better known as Ron Weasley in the hit film series, was successfully nominated to carry the flame after inspiring others through his extensive work with children’s charities across the UK.
Rupert is actively involved with charities Starlight and the Make-A-Wish Foundation which grant once-in-a-lifetime and magical wishes to seriously and terminally ill children.
He also spends much of his free time working with the Teenage Cancer Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The British actor thrilled cheering fans when he carried the flame out of the lunch shop at the University this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
His supporters immediately tweeted their support of the star, saying he looked amazing and labelling him “a winner”.
He is one of 153 torch-bearers carrying the flame today, July 25, with day 68 including visits to Wembley Stadium and Alexandra Palace on its journey from Harrow to Haringey.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Rupert was not the only famous face, however, as chart-topping singer Eliza Doolittle is also a torch-bearer at today’s event.