Rupert Grint runs in Olympic torch relay
HARRY Potter star Rupert Grint, one of Kimpton’s most famous residents, added a touch of magic to day 68 of the Olympic torch relay today, carrying the flame near Middlesex University.
The 23 year old, better known as Ron Weasley in the hit film series, was successfully nominated to carry the flame after inspiring others through his extensive work with children’s charities across the UK.
Rupert is actively involved with charities Starlight and the Make-A-Wish Foundation which grant once-in-a-lifetime and magical wishes to seriously and terminally ill children.
He also spends much of his free time working with the Teenage Cancer Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The British actor thrilled cheering fans when he carried the flame out of the lunch shop at the University this afternoon.
His supporters immediately tweeted their support of the star, saying he looked amazing and labelling him “a winner”.
He is one of 153 torch-bearers carrying the flame today, July 25, with day 68 including visits to Wembley Stadium and Alexandra Palace on its journey from Harrow to Haringey.
- 1 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 2 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 3 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Rupert was not the only famous face, however, as chart-topping singer Eliza Doolittle is also a torch-bearer at today’s event.