Upgrades to running track, Alban Way and Clock Tower in the pipeline
- Credit: Archant
Upgrades to the running track at Westminster Lodge, the Clock Tower and the Alban Way are in the pipeline.
The running track’s six-lane 400 metre track, the eight-lane 100 metre section and the field event areas will be resurfaced.
St Albans council member Julian Daly said: “The Westminster Lodge athletics track is an important venue and I am sure all those who use it will be pleased the surface is to be upgraded.
“A lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes to maintain and enhance our assets on behalf of our residents.”
Work to restore the Smallford station ticket office on the Alban Way will be completed by the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Repairs to the uneven parts of the main avenue path in Rothamsted Park in Harpenden will begin in the spring.
Structural repairs will be carried out on the St Albans Clock Tower once a schedule is agreed with the Friends of the Clock Tower.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests