Upgrades to running track, Alban Way and Clock Tower in the pipeline
- Credit: Archant
Upgrades to the running track at Westminster Lodge, the Clock Tower and the Alban Way are in the pipeline.
The running track’s six-lane 400 metre track, the eight-lane 100 metre section and the field event areas will be resurfaced.
St Albans council member Julian Daly said: “The Westminster Lodge athletics track is an important venue and I am sure all those who use it will be pleased the surface is to be upgraded.
“A lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes to maintain and enhance our assets on behalf of our residents.”
Work to restore the Smallford station ticket office on the Alban Way will be completed by the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Repairs to the uneven parts of the main avenue path in Rothamsted Park in Harpenden will begin in the spring.
Structural repairs will be carried out on the St Albans Clock Tower once a schedule is agreed with the Friends of the Clock Tower.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy