'Rude and abusive' St Albans cabbie fails to win back licence
A FORMER cabbie branded rude and abusive has lost his court battle to get his job back. Tufayel Mohammed, of Butterfield Road, St Albans, had his licence revoked following a spate of customer complaints to St Albans District Council (SADC). Magistrates at
A FORMER cabbie branded rude and abusive has lost his court battle to get his job back.
Tufayel Mohammed, of Butterfield Road, St Albans, had his licence revoked following a spate of customer complaints to St Albans District Council (SADC).
Magistrates at St Albans court heard that senior licensing officer Karen Hollands handled a barrage of complaints about him between April 2006 and December 2009 which prompted her to revoke his licence on December 22 last year.
Customers accused him of using a metal tyre lever in a threatening manner, failing to assist an elderly passenger, attempting to overcharge passengers due to the snow, using rude and abusive language and failing to use his meter.
He was given a final warning for his involvement in a serious violent incident in March 2009 when he picked up a metal tyre lever from the front of his vehicle during a dispute with passengers and ultimately became the victim.
Magistrates agreed with Mrs Hollands' decision saying they did not find Mr Mohammed's evidence to be credible and they did not consider him to be a fit and proper person to hold a hackney carriage licence.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
They also ordered him to pay the council costs of �500.