'Rude and abusive' St Albans cabbie fails to win back licence
A FORMER cabbie branded rude and abusive has lost his court battle to get his job back. Tufayel Mohammed, of Butterfield Road, St Albans, had his licence revoked following a spate of customer complaints to St Albans District Council (SADC). Magistrates at
A FORMER cabbie branded rude and abusive has lost his court battle to get his job back.
Tufayel Mohammed, of Butterfield Road, St Albans, had his licence revoked following a spate of customer complaints to St Albans District Council (SADC).
Magistrates at St Albans court heard that senior licensing officer Karen Hollands handled a barrage of complaints about him between April 2006 and December 2009 which prompted her to revoke his licence on December 22 last year.
Customers accused him of using a metal tyre lever in a threatening manner, failing to assist an elderly passenger, attempting to overcharge passengers due to the snow, using rude and abusive language and failing to use his meter.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a final warning for his involvement in a serious violent incident in March 2009 when he picked up a metal tyre lever from the front of his vehicle during a dispute with passengers and ultimately became the victim.
Magistrates agreed with Mrs Hollands' decision saying they did not find Mr Mohammed's evidence to be credible and they did not consider him to be a fit and proper person to hold a hackney carriage licence.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
They also ordered him to pay the council costs of �500.