Royal Wedding: St Albans florist prepares for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s big day
A FLORIST is celebrating the forthcoming Royal Wedding between Will and Kate by giving a special offer to brides-to-be marrying on the same weekend.
Jane Foufas, who runs Black Iris Flowers in High Oaks, will give couples tying the knot on April 29 or 30 a free bride’s bouquet if they order the remainder of their floral arrangements for their wedding from her.
The florist, who is also an actress and had a part alongside Meryl Streep and Piers Brosnan in the smash hit film Mamma Mia, said she wanted to mark the Royal Wedding while also helping couples sharing their big day with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
And Jane has had several brushings with royalty herself over the years – she has created floral arrangements for the Queen, the Princess Royal and the late Princess Margaret and Diana Princess of Wales.
In fact, Jane was asked to make a flower arrangement for Princess Diana when she came to St Albans to open The Maltings shopping centre and met her afterwards. She said: “I had a little florist in St Albans city centre at the time and was commissioned to do a posy for her. She came into my shop and was in there for about 10 minutes and she complemented me on my flowers.
“She had asked for permission to come into the shop which I thought was just so sweet and then she chatted about the shop and she asked me where I got the flowers from, and asked if I had any children and when I said I did she asked how I found it being a working mum.
“When I said it had its ups and downs she said she sympathised and that she understood what it was like being a working mum. She was so lovely, really really lovely.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Jane, who has been a florist for some 30 years, has previously worked on a freelance basis and was commissioned by a florist employed for royal events at Luton Hoo on several occasions, including the Queen’s ruby wedding anniversary celebrations.
For more information about the offer at Black Iris Flowers contact Jane on 01727 850570 or drop into the florists’ in person. A minimum spend will apply to the promotion.
Jane will also be offering ‘royal’ bouquets with traditional British spring flowers for the Royal Wedding celebrations.