Harpenden Hopper service to be suspended until next year
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden Hopper is being suspended from service from next month to spring 2019 while the bus is replaced.
Harpenden Connect has decided to invest in a new bus to replace the current vehicle, nicknamed Hector, after several malfunctions.
This will mean users in the Roundwood neighbourhood, which is under-served by other forms of public transport, will be without the service for several months.
The charity hopes to source a new bus as well as a backup vehicle and will extend the route to cover Eastmoor Park and Southdown.
The aim is for the new buses to have the same number of seats as Hector and fundraising will begin in autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Hector will make his final stop on Thursday, August 9.
For more information, visit www.harpendenhopper.co.uk
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans