Harpenden Hopper service to be suspended until next year
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden Hopper is being suspended from service from next month to spring 2019 while the bus is replaced.
Harpenden Connect has decided to invest in a new bus to replace the current vehicle, nicknamed Hector, after several malfunctions.
This will mean users in the Roundwood neighbourhood, which is under-served by other forms of public transport, will be without the service for several months.
The charity hopes to source a new bus as well as a backup vehicle and will extend the route to cover Eastmoor Park and Southdown.
The aim is for the new buses to have the same number of seats as Hector and fundraising will begin in autumn.
Hector will make his final stop on Thursday, August 9.
For more information, visit www.harpendenhopper.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead