Harpenden Hopper service to be suspended until next year
- Credit: Archant
The Harpenden Hopper is being suspended from service from next month to spring 2019 while the bus is replaced.
Harpenden Connect has decided to invest in a new bus to replace the current vehicle, nicknamed Hector, after several malfunctions.
This will mean users in the Roundwood neighbourhood, which is under-served by other forms of public transport, will be without the service for several months.
The charity hopes to source a new bus as well as a backup vehicle and will extend the route to cover Eastmoor Park and Southdown.
The aim is for the new buses to have the same number of seats as Hector and fundraising will begin in autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Hector will make his final stop on Thursday, August 9.
For more information, visit www.harpendenhopper.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans