Redundancies at famous Harpenden science lab
- Credit: Archant
An undisclosed number of people are being made redundant at a famous Harpenden research lab.
Rothamsted Research has confirmed it will be making employees redundant but has not released any further details.
A spokesperson said: “Rothamsted Research is making normal and small internal adjustments that take place often in organisations and companies as they evolve.
“This is a necessary process to help to ensure that our research focus stays sharp, that we keep costs in line with our long-term financial goals and that we can continue to carry out the world-class research for which Rothamsted is renowned.”
St Albans district council (SADC) recently rejected an 1,000 home development site put forward by Rothamsted for the city’s Local Plan.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement at the time of the proposal, director and chief executive of Rothamsted Achim Dobermann said income from the development would help to secure the lab’s future.
He said: “Pressures on funding and research grants continue. We need to consider all options to safeguard the continued sustainability and success of Rothamsted Research.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad
Have you been made redundant from a post at Rothamsted Research? Contact us at HertsAd@Archant.co.uk