Sustainable St Albans Week to kick start with series of talks
- Credit: Archant
A series of talks will kick start Sustainable St Albans Week this year.
Rothamsted Research is hosting the first event of the environmentally-minded week, with speakers talking about a range of topics including Knowledge is Power, Plastic Fishing Only, Growing your Home, and Low Carbon Woman.
A local resident and BBC sustainability employee, Suzanne Dolan, is planning on speaking about lowering the carbon footprint, and a Rothamsted Research PhD student, Darja Dobermann, is examining the potential to nutritiously eat insects.
Darja said: “It is always exciting to me to see a community take local action on a global issue, especially with something that can feel as big or overwhelming as sustainability.
“I am thrilled to be a part of it and looking forward to getting some minds buzzing about the potential role of insects in our food systems in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Head of Sustainable Finance at S&P Global Ratings, Michael Wilkins, who will be talking everything money, said: “It will take green money to make the world go round more sustainably.”
Talks are interspersed with performances from the Ver Poets and will conclude with a reception where the audience can mingle with the speakers.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
Lead event organiser, Lesley Flowers, said: “The mixture of live inspirational speakers, art and poetry will combine to spark deep discussion and connections for the audience.
“We are delighted with the calibre of speakers and I believe attendees are in for a treat.”
The launch event is on April 21 from 1.30pm to 8.30pm. Tickets are £15 from ourplanet2018.eventbrite.co.uk/Sustainable St Albans Week runs from April 21 to 29.
For more information, visit www.sustainablestalbans.org