Rolling exhibition of Harpenden artwork at science lab
- Credit: Archant
A rolling exhibition of Harpenden artwork is brightening up and decorating the cafe in a renowned science lab.
The Rothamsted Centre for Research and Enterprise has teamed up with the Harpenden Arts Club (HAC) to display local artwork on a six to eight week basis. It will be put up in the centre’s cafe, the Lewis Hall restaurant.
Artists enjoy no hanging fee and is a chance for up and coming talent to showcase their work.
One of the HAC organisers, Sarah Poppleton, said: “I am delighted and very grateful that the local artists are being given this opportunity to exhibit at Rothamsted.
“I think that the restaurant visitors rather enjoy the regularly changing display too.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lewis Hall restaurant is open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm, and on Fridays 8.30am – 4pm. There is free parking around the back of the centre.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital