Rolling exhibition of Harpenden artwork at science lab
- Credit: Archant
A rolling exhibition of Harpenden artwork is brightening up and decorating the cafe in a renowned science lab.
The Rothamsted Centre for Research and Enterprise has teamed up with the Harpenden Arts Club (HAC) to display local artwork on a six to eight week basis. It will be put up in the centre’s cafe, the Lewis Hall restaurant.
Artists enjoy no hanging fee and is a chance for up and coming talent to showcase their work.
One of the HAC organisers, Sarah Poppleton, said: “I am delighted and very grateful that the local artists are being given this opportunity to exhibit at Rothamsted.
“I think that the restaurant visitors rather enjoy the regularly changing display too.”
The Lewis Hall restaurant is open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm, and on Fridays 8.30am – 4pm. There is free parking around the back of the centre.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead