Roger Lloyd-Pack films at St Albans’ Ye Olde Fighting Cocks pub
- Credit: Archant
TRIGGER from Only Fools and Horses popped down to St Albans’ oldest pub for a shooting last week.
Legendary Roger Lloyd Pack was notorious in the classic television sitcom for his dopey demeanor, dodgy dealings and deadpan delivery – and for always calling Delboy’s brother Rodney by the name Dave.
Roger was joined by pop star and actor Chesney Hawkes and CBeebies presenter Sarah-Jane Honeywell.
The unlikely dream team was working on a new top-secret comedy project as part of a 22-strong cast and crew at The Fighting Cocks in Abbey Mill Lane.
It is written, produced and directed by Bob Golding, who lives in St Albans, and Glen Davies (Miranda, Lewis and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel).
You may also want to watch:
Last Tuesday’s antics involved filming what is believed to be the first sketch of a large series of online videos which the pair plan to make in and around St Albans. The pub remained open.
Landlord Christo Tofalli said: “I was even an extra. It was hilarious – fantastic, very funny and clever. After the camera cut, everyone would just cry with laughter!
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
“Out of all the filming we’ve had here, they were the most organized, slick superb bunch of people. They’re all superstars! I’m still buzzing.”
Bob received much critical acclaim for his role as Eric in the Olivier-award-winning one-man theatre show, Morecambe. He will return to the Alban Arena in December as Buttons in Cinderella, alongside Gareth Gates.