Suspected car thief arrested in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of interfering with motor vehicles in St Albans.
Kane Dixon, of Russet Drive, was stopped on Elm Avenue by officers at 2am yesterday.
Subsequently, he was charged with interfering with three motor vehicles on Tuesday, May 15 and a similar offence in Rodney Avenue at 1.20am on April 30.
He appeared in Hatfield court yesterday and has been bailed until Monday June 18.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “We have had dozens of thefts from motor vehicles reported to us over the past few months.
You may also want to watch:
“The best way to significantly reduce this is to make sure you lock your car, double-check you have locked it and do not leave anything on display, including loose change.
“Please call us on 999 if you see anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles, or 101 if you are reporting it retrospectively.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests