Suspected car thief arrested in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of interfering with motor vehicles in St Albans.
Kane Dixon, of Russet Drive, was stopped on Elm Avenue by officers at 2am yesterday.
Subsequently, he was charged with interfering with three motor vehicles on Tuesday, May 15 and a similar offence in Rodney Avenue at 1.20am on April 30.
He appeared in Hatfield court yesterday and has been bailed until Monday June 18.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “We have had dozens of thefts from motor vehicles reported to us over the past few months.
You may also want to watch:
“The best way to significantly reduce this is to make sure you lock your car, double-check you have locked it and do not leave anything on display, including loose change.
“Please call us on 999 if you see anyone acting suspiciously around vehicles, or 101 if you are reporting it retrospectively.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery