Harpenden Rocket Scientist wins Great British Entrepreneur of 2020
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity rocket scientist from Harpenden has been awarded the title of Great British Entrepreneur 2020.
Dr. Rajan Bedi, CEO and founder of Harpenden-based SME Spacechips, received the award for Spacechips’ design and use of on-board satellites and spacecraft to address global challenges, including climate change, food sustainability and COVID-19.
Upon receiving the accolade, Dr Bedi said: “I am delighted by this prestigious award, in fact, you could say, over the moon!”
Describing it as “the best feeling”, he added: “Spacechips has worked very hard to establish itself in an international market and has brought to market products and services that are disrupting the global space industry.”
Dr. Bedi is also the author of the blog Out-of-this-World Design, which has been viewed over three million times.
Dr Bedi was one of four shortlisted nominees in the regional finals, which took place virtually on September 23.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival