Robbery at Redbourn Co-op store
CASH was stolen and a member of staff was threatened when theives targeted the Co-op store in Redbourn at the weekend.
Two men entered the store, on High Street, at around 6.45pm on Saturday (April 7).
They are said to have threatened a member of staff before one of the thieves jumped over the counter and took cash from a till and a money box.
The pair then left the store and ran through an alleyway leading to Crown Street, where they got into a sliver car and drove away.
Both men were described as white and wearing face coverings and hoods. The first man was wearing a grey hoodie, while the other was dressed all in black.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Jonathan Leak, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “Fortunately nobody was injured in the incident which was nevertheless frightening for the staff working at the Co-op at the time.
“We would like to speak to anybody who has any information about the offence and in particular anyone who has more information on the car that the men were seen getting in to.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Leak via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.