Robbery at Redbourn Co-op store
CASH was stolen and a member of staff was threatened when theives targeted the Co-op store in Redbourn at the weekend.
Two men entered the store, on High Street, at around 6.45pm on Saturday (April 7).
They are said to have threatened a member of staff before one of the thieves jumped over the counter and took cash from a till and a money box.
The pair then left the store and ran through an alleyway leading to Crown Street, where they got into a sliver car and drove away.
Both men were described as white and wearing face coverings and hoods. The first man was wearing a grey hoodie, while the other was dressed all in black.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Jonathan Leak, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “Fortunately nobody was injured in the incident which was nevertheless frightening for the staff working at the Co-op at the time.
“We would like to speak to anybody who has any information about the offence and in particular anyone who has more information on the car that the men were seen getting in to.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Leak via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.