Robbery at Radlett bookmakers
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following a robbery at the Coral bookmakers, in Radlett, last night (Wednesday).
The incident happened between 6.50pm and 7pm at the premises, on Watling Street.
A man is said to have entered the shop and demanded staff get cash out for him. He then made off in the direction of the Red Lion pub.
The offender is described as wearing a yellow hoodie, with a scarf over his face, sunglasses and a baseball cap.
DC Laura Chillingworth, from Hertsmere Local Crime Unit, said: “This is the second incident of this kind at the bookmakers and we are doing all we can to trace those responsible. At this stage, we are not linking these two robberies.
“There were two customers in the bookmakers at the time and I am very keen to speak to both of them. I would encourage them to get in touch.
“Also, if you saw the offender entering or leaving the shop, especially anyone at the nearby Red Lion pub, I would also encourage you to get in touch.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Anyone with information should contact DC Chillingworth via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.