Robbery at Radlett bookmakers
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following a robbery at the Coral bookmakers, in Radlett, last night (Wednesday).
The incident happened between 6.50pm and 7pm at the premises, on Watling Street.
A man is said to have entered the shop and demanded staff get cash out for him. He then made off in the direction of the Red Lion pub.
The offender is described as wearing a yellow hoodie, with a scarf over his face, sunglasses and a baseball cap.
DC Laura Chillingworth, from Hertsmere Local Crime Unit, said: “This is the second incident of this kind at the bookmakers and we are doing all we can to trace those responsible. At this stage, we are not linking these two robberies.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two customers in the bookmakers at the time and I am very keen to speak to both of them. I would encourage them to get in touch.
“Also, if you saw the offender entering or leaving the shop, especially anyone at the nearby Red Lion pub, I would also encourage you to get in touch.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
Anyone with information should contact DC Chillingworth via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.