Robbery and assault in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who had just got off a bus was punched in the face and had his mobile phone stolen by two men last Wednesday, December 11.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information about the robbery and assault which occurred at around 5.30pm in Hilldyke Road, Wheathampstead.
The two attackers got out of a car in nearby Wright Close and went up to the 18-year-old victim as he alighted from a bus from St Albans.
They took his earphones from his ears before snatching the phone from his pocket and then punching him, leaving him with face and eye injuries.
Both men are described as white and in their early 20s. One was 5ft 7in tall and of a slim build with a dark brown beard and wearing a dark hooded jacket. The other was around 5ft 11in tall and wearing a blue Puffa jacket and a beanie hat.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Mark Clawson said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the vehicle to contact me, particularly if you have any information about a possible number plate.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who saw what happened or who has any information about who may be involved to contact police.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
He can be contacted via the Herts police non-emergency number 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.