Rob Brydon comedy being filmed in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new comedy starring Rob Brydon, from the director of the Dad’s Army film, is being filmed in St Albans.
Notices were posted around the Cottonmill area notifying residents filming for Swimming with Men would take place between Wednesday, May 17 and Friday, May 19.
The notice reads: “The film stars Rob Brydon and is a heart-warming comedy about a man in the throes of a mid-life crisis who finds meaning in the most unlikely of places; an all male, middle-aged, amateur synchronised swimming team.”
Filming will mainly take place in the Sub Aqua club, but the crew will be filming one exterior shot in the car park.
Rob Brydon said: “I am looking forward to working with Olly and a great cast, bringing this wonderful script to the screen.”
You may also want to watch:
Director Oliver Parker said: “It’s a real privilege to be working with a British ensemble of such high calibre - and to chuck them in the pool.”
The film also stars Line of Duty’s Daniel Mays, and Jane Horrocks from the Sky 1 comedy Trollied.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots