Roadworks on Park Street A414 roundabout to start soon
- Credit: Archant
A major roundabout in St Albans will be closed overnight because of roadworks.
Workers will be replacing the road surface and damaged ironwork covers, refreshing markings and studs, improving and cleaning drainage, reinstating high friction surfacing material and mending kerbs on the A414 Park Street roundabout.
Phase one of the work will take place from April 15 to 19, during which both A5183 Watling Street leading away from St Albans and the eastbound carriageway of the A414 will be closed.
The second phase will take place from April 23 to 26, seeing the westbound A414 carriageway and stretches of the A405 and A5183 closed.
Work will all take place overnight, from 8pm to 5am.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Kemp, director of environment and infrastructure at Herts county council, said it was planned to avoid rush hour: “There is never a good time to do large-scale works, but the existing road surface will become unsafe if we leave it.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan