Roadworks on Park Street A414 roundabout to start soon
- Credit: Archant
A major roundabout in St Albans will be closed overnight because of roadworks.
Workers will be replacing the road surface and damaged ironwork covers, refreshing markings and studs, improving and cleaning drainage, reinstating high friction surfacing material and mending kerbs on the A414 Park Street roundabout.
Phase one of the work will take place from April 15 to 19, during which both A5183 Watling Street leading away from St Albans and the eastbound carriageway of the A414 will be closed.
The second phase will take place from April 23 to 26, seeing the westbound A414 carriageway and stretches of the A405 and A5183 closed.
Work will all take place overnight, from 8pm to 5am.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Kemp, director of environment and infrastructure at Herts county council, said it was planned to avoid rush hour: “There is never a good time to do large-scale works, but the existing road surface will become unsafe if we leave it.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works