Road closed after fire in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and police were called to a fire in a cellar in St Albans.
The fire service was called at 1.02pm today to smoke coming from a cellar in a commercial property in Verulam Road.
Two crews from St Albans attended and tackled the fire, which was in the cellar of two-storey building.
Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the flames.
Police were called at 1.04pm to close the road and help manage traffic.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was out by 1.45pm, although firefighters and police remain on the scene.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high