Road closed after fire in St Albans city centre
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and police were called to a fire in a cellar in St Albans.
The fire service was called at 1.02pm today to smoke coming from a cellar in a commercial property in Verulam Road.
Two crews from St Albans attended and tackled the fire, which was in the cellar of two-storey building.
Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a covering jet to extinguish the flames.
Police were called at 1.04pm to close the road and help manage traffic.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was out by 1.45pm, although firefighters and police remain on the scene.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book