St Albans panto 2019 Sleeping Beauty with Rita Simons - EastEnders’ Roxy Mitchell - launched by Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Panto stars were out to promote this year’s Sleeping Beauty on Friday...oh yes they were.
Legendary Bob Golding, EastEnders' Rita Simons, CBeebies' Andy Day and actors Ian Kirkby and Jemma Carlisle donned their costumes in St Albans to help boost ticket sales.
The panto, produced by Evolution, kicks off at the Alban Arena on Friday, December 6 and is set to be a sell-out.
There will be a bathroom on stage, with fully-functioning taps and flushing toilet.
The cast members have previously performed together, which producer Paul Hendy said creates a camaraderie between them, making for an even better performance.
Producer Paul said: "This year will be very funny as we have a very talented cast and every one of them have worked for us several times before. The St Albans audience are great and get really involved - I think they will be pleased to see Bob back in a dress."
Traditionally Bob plays the dame but last year he wore trousers in his role as Dandini in Cinderella.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
As with last year, Bob, who is also now patron of the Alban Arena and won Best Supporting Male in the Great British Pantomime Awards 2019, will be directing the show.