St Albans panto 2019 Sleeping Beauty with Rita Simons - EastEnders’ Roxy Mitchell - launched by Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Panto stars were out to promote this year’s Sleeping Beauty on Friday...oh yes they were.
Legendary Bob Golding, EastEnders' Rita Simons, CBeebies' Andy Day and actors Ian Kirkby and Jemma Carlisle donned their costumes in St Albans to help boost ticket sales.
The panto, produced by Evolution, kicks off at the Alban Arena on Friday, December 6 and is set to be a sell-out.
There will be a bathroom on stage, with fully-functioning taps and flushing toilet.
The cast members have previously performed together, which producer Paul Hendy said creates a camaraderie between them, making for an even better performance.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Paul said: "This year will be very funny as we have a very talented cast and every one of them have worked for us several times before. The St Albans audience are great and get really involved - I think they will be pleased to see Bob back in a dress."
Traditionally Bob plays the dame but last year he wore trousers in his role as Dandini in Cinderella.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
As with last year, Bob, who is also now patron of the Alban Arena and won Best Supporting Male in the Great British Pantomime Awards 2019, will be directing the show.