St Albans panto 2019 Sleeping Beauty with Rita Simons - EastEnders’ Roxy Mitchell - launched by Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Panto stars were out to promote this year’s Sleeping Beauty on Friday...oh yes they were.
Legendary Bob Golding, EastEnders' Rita Simons, CBeebies' Andy Day and actors Ian Kirkby and Jemma Carlisle donned their costumes in St Albans to help boost ticket sales.
The panto, produced by Evolution, kicks off at the Alban Arena on Friday, December 6 and is set to be a sell-out.
There will be a bathroom on stage, with fully-functioning taps and flushing toilet.
The cast members have previously performed together, which producer Paul Hendy said creates a camaraderie between them, making for an even better performance.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Paul said: "This year will be very funny as we have a very talented cast and every one of them have worked for us several times before. The St Albans audience are great and get really involved - I think they will be pleased to see Bob back in a dress."
Traditionally Bob plays the dame but last year he wore trousers in his role as Dandini in Cinderella.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
As with last year, Bob, who is also now patron of the Alban Arena and won Best Supporting Male in the Great British Pantomime Awards 2019, will be directing the show.