Riddle of UFO sighting over Harpenden
SOMEBODY call Torchwood! A cluster of unidentified flying objects spotted in the night sky over Harpenden has led to a usually sceptical local resident questioning the existence of extraterrestial life. Neil Mckenna of Long Buftlers was on his way to b
SOMEBODY call Torchwood! A cluster of unidentified flying objects spotted in the night sky over Harpenden has led to a usually sceptical local resident questioning the existence of extraterrestial life.
Neil Mckenna of Long Buftlers was on his way to bed just after 11pm on June 20 when he spotted about 40 glowing orange spheres in the sky travelling silently from a north easterly direction.
Neil, who said that he never used to take UFO sighting seriously, commented: "After I'd hurriedly woken up my wife Susan, the two of us rushed downstairs and outside to see the fantastic sight clearly. We were both amazed by it and it's so hard to describe; it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen."
He added: "They were definitely not planes because I could make out the shape of real planes in the sky when I looked through my binoculars. These glows had no outline or flashing lights and it looked as if they were headed straight for us."
You may also want to watch:
Neil, who has lived in Harpenden for nearly 30 years, posted his report on a UK UFO Sightings website and a couple of days later a group of five people from Wheathampstead, who didn't identify themselves, said on the site that they too had seen "brightly illuminated flying objects" at around 11pm on June 20.
Neil, a quantity surveyor in Hitchin, said the experience has made him reconsider his thoughts on UFOs: "It's a mystery really - maybe aliens do exist, who knows? One things for sure, I'll definitely be checking the Harpenden night time sky more often.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash