Riddle of UFO sighting over Harpenden
SOMEBODY call Torchwood! A cluster of unidentified flying objects spotted in the night sky over Harpenden has led to a usually sceptical local resident questioning the existence of extraterrestial life. Neil Mckenna of Long Buftlers was on his way to b
SOMEBODY call Torchwood! A cluster of unidentified flying objects spotted in the night sky over Harpenden has led to a usually sceptical local resident questioning the existence of extraterrestial life.
Neil Mckenna of Long Buftlers was on his way to bed just after 11pm on June 20 when he spotted about 40 glowing orange spheres in the sky travelling silently from a north easterly direction.
Neil, who said that he never used to take UFO sighting seriously, commented: "After I'd hurriedly woken up my wife Susan, the two of us rushed downstairs and outside to see the fantastic sight clearly. We were both amazed by it and it's so hard to describe; it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen."
He added: "They were definitely not planes because I could make out the shape of real planes in the sky when I looked through my binoculars. These glows had no outline or flashing lights and it looked as if they were headed straight for us."
You may also want to watch:
Neil, who has lived in Harpenden for nearly 30 years, posted his report on a UK UFO Sightings website and a couple of days later a group of five people from Wheathampstead, who didn't identify themselves, said on the site that they too had seen "brightly illuminated flying objects" at around 11pm on June 20.
Neil, a quantity surveyor in Hitchin, said the experience has made him reconsider his thoughts on UFOs: "It's a mystery really - maybe aliens do exist, who knows? One things for sure, I'll definitely be checking the Harpenden night time sky more often.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival