Reward offered for dog stolen from Flamstead farm
- Credit: Photo supplied
A substantial reward has been offered for the safe return of a dog which is believed to have been stolen from a farm in Flamstead, near St Albans, at the weekend.
Holly Parsons said that her liver and white coloured Springer Spaniel, Libby, was stolen from the village on Sunday (6), at about 11.30am.
The two year old pet is “very timid” as she is a rescue dog, bought from a dog charity in Kent in April last year after she had been living with a drug addict. The spaniel has been spayed and is micro-chipped.
Holly explained: “Libby was with me when I was with my horses at Trowley Bottom Farm on Sunday. The farm is a livery yard for horses.
“She is very timid and never leaves my side, but on Sunday, she went to sniff at a hedge, and went through to the other side where there is a lane and I didn’t see her again.
“The lane leads to the Rose and Crown pub, and is at the bottom of White Hill.”
Holly said that there were two vans in the vicinity at the time of her dog’s disappearance, a plain white one and a blue van. She has reported the theft to police, but is becoming increasingly concerned as “we have been hunting for Libby for 48 hours, and there has been no sighting of her.”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
If you know of Libby’s whereabouts or have seen her, please phone Holly on 07984387363 or email: email@example.com