Resurfacing works close Highfield Park Drive
A BUSY road in St Albans will be closed today while resurfacing works are undertaken.
Highfield Park Drive is closed between Hill End Lane and London Road until 6.30pm this evening
and diversions will be in place.
The closure was flagged up by a member of the public who was passing through the area. He said: “It’s chock-a-block down there and for many the only option to get from one side of town to the other is to come down the A414.
“This is a major route and many people are affected by this all-day closure. I’m surprised nobody knew about it.”
You may also want to watch:
The work began yesterday and is scheduled to finish this evening.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works