Reports of a shooting in St Albans
POLICE were called to a street in St Albans this morning (Tuesday), following reports of a suspected shooting.
The incident occurred in The Close, off Praetorian Court, just before 10.20am.
The area has been cordoned off by police since this morning.
A spokesperson for Herts Police confirmed that a 24-year-old man had been taken to hospital, but his injuries were not thought to be life threatening.
Police have not confirmed that the injuries were sustained as a result of a shooting.
You may also want to watch:
One man has been arrested.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success