Could you join Rennie Grove’s community champion team?
- Credit: Archant
Do you love where you live and want to give something back? Do you have some free time and are looking for something interesting to fill it? Are you looking to get out of the house more often and meet new people?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then you could be just the person to join Rennie Grove Hospice Care's team of community champions.
Claire Redrup, community fundraising manager said: "Our community champions help Rennie Grove's fundraising team in the community by carrying out activities like displaying posters on noticeboards; placing collection boxes in local shops and pubs then collecting them when they're full and talking to friends, family and neighbours about how they too can support Rennie Grove in their community.
"Or if you enjoy public speaking then we are also looking for ambassadors who can give a talk about our work to local groups or accept a cheque on behalf of the charity and give a short thank you speech."
Rennie Grove is a charity providing specialist care and support for adults and children with a life-limiting illness in Buckinghamshire and west Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Through its unique hospice at home service, available day and night, and a range of day services, the charity supports patients to live the best quality life they can with a choice about how and where they are cared for towards the end of life.
Rennie Grove's care is provided at no cost to patients and their families and is made possible by generous donations from the local community.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
If you would like to help Rennie Grove raise the funds it needs to provide services to local patients and families and are friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable about your local area and have good communications skills, then please get in touch.
"Members of Rennie Grove's fundraising team will be there to support you whilst you find your feet and there will be plenty of opportunities to get together with other champions around the patch," Claire added.
To find our more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the fundraising team on 01442 890222 or 01727 731000.