Rennie Grove Hospice receives large donation from St Albans-based company
- Credit: Archant
A large donation has been given to a local charity to help people diagnosed with life-limiting illnesses.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has received more than £7,000 from St Albans-based financial services company Synergy.
The money will be used to support the charity’s work in providing care and support for patients in Herts and Bucks.
Rennie Grove was nominated for the donation by Julian Wolf, financial controller of Synergy, who presented the cheque to Kate Grigg, the head of fundraising for Hertfordshire.
Kate said: “I would like to thank the entire team at Synergy for their support.
“This is a significant donation to Rennie Grove Hospice Care and will help us to continue our vital work.”
Ben Pears, chief executive for Synergy financial products, added: “Rennie Grove Hospice Care provides extraordinary support to people suffering from cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
“I am delighted that we are able to support such an important local charity.”
For more information about Rennie Grove or to donate, visit: www.renniegrove.org.