Rennie Grove Hospice receives large donation from St Albans-based company
- Credit: Archant
A large donation has been given to a local charity to help people diagnosed with life-limiting illnesses.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has received more than £7,000 from St Albans-based financial services company Synergy.
The money will be used to support the charity’s work in providing care and support for patients in Herts and Bucks.
Rennie Grove was nominated for the donation by Julian Wolf, financial controller of Synergy, who presented the cheque to Kate Grigg, the head of fundraising for Hertfordshire.
Kate said: “I would like to thank the entire team at Synergy for their support.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a significant donation to Rennie Grove Hospice Care and will help us to continue our vital work.”
Ben Pears, chief executive for Synergy financial products, added: “Rennie Grove Hospice Care provides extraordinary support to people suffering from cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
“I am delighted that we are able to support such an important local charity.”
For more information about Rennie Grove or to donate, visit: www.renniegrove.org.