Fourteenth annual golf day raises £12,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Keen golfers got together to raise £12,000 for a local hospice this summer.
There was lots of putting, an auction, and live music at the 14th annual Aldwickbury Park Golf Club charity event in aid of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
It was sponsored by Jarvis Homes Ltd and organised by Mike Hodge, who is also president of the Old Albanian Club.
This was Mike’s last year organising the event in May. He said: “I have had great support from the golf club and great support from all the people who go.
“Some of them even bring three teams because they have such a good day.
You may also want to watch:
“It is hard work but it is immensely rewarding when we see how much people enjoy themselves and they all go out happy, having parted with money for a very good cause.”
Over 14 years Mike has raised more than £147,000 for Rennie Grove.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Next year’s event will be organised by Rob Walter, Duncan McAllister, and Matt Niel.
Head of supporter fundraising at Rennie Grove, Kate Grigg, said: “Mike with the support of his wife Sarah and their golfing colleagues have worked incredibly hard over many years to make their golfing days such a success.
“This is reflected in the thousands of pounds that the event has raised for Rennie Grove. We are so grateful for their hard work and although Mike is taking a step back next year we are relieved that he will continue to undertake the roles at future golf events that he is so good at and makes each Mike Hodge Golf Day so memorable.”