Reindeers in for a treat after St Albans infants school fair
REINDEER food proved a popular purchase for children at a school fair on Saturday hoping to entice Santa to their homes on Christmas Eve. It was exclusively on sale at Bernards Heath Infants School Fair for a mere 75p per bag. School Deputy Head Mrs Hilar
REINDEER food proved a popular purchase for children at a school fair on Saturday hoping to entice Santa to their homes on Christmas Eve.
It was exclusively on sale at Bernards Heath Infants School Fair for a mere 75p per bag.
School Deputy Head Mrs Hilary Gordon said: "I am reliably informed that the reindeer food - composed of porridge oats and glitter - is an excellent way of guiding Santa to the front lawns of deserving children.
"There was a wonderful Christmassy atmosphere on the day."
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas also put in an early appearance at the fair which boosted school funds by a total of �2,000.
Other attractions were craft activities for children, a raffle and a book stall.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Guess the Name of the Teddy and the Weight of the Cake also attracted a good response.