Registration for St Albans Race for Life closes soon
- Credit: Archant
Registration for St Albans’ 20th Race for Life closes this week.
Cancer Research UK are urging women to sign up for the 5k and 10k running event around Verulamium Park and raise money for the charity.
About 1,300 women have already entered the event, but there are still places left - registration is open until July 20.
Herts Race for Life event manager, Courtney Culverhouse, said: “Taking part in Race for Life is a hugely moving experience thanks to our brave army of inspirational participants.
“Many will be remembering loved ones lost to cancer or celebrating the lives of people dear to them who have survived.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re calling on ladies of all ages, shapes and sizes to sign up right now and be part of a collective force of women who are united in their aim to beat cancer.”
To enter the race, which is on July 23, visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images