Register to vote deadline tonight
- Credit: Archant
St Albans people have until a minute to midnight tonight to register to vote in the General Election.
So far, more than two million people have registered - the most being on the day Theresa May announced the snap election.
St Albans council electoral registration officer, Mike Lovelady, said last week: “We urge everyone not yet registered to vote to register by the Monday, May 22 deadline to ensure that their voice is heard
“This election is an opportunity to say who you want to represent you at a national level. We don’t want anyone to miss out on this opportunity.”
If you have never voted, have moved constituency, or have turned 18 recently then you will need to register if you have not done so already.
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can register to vote by visting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins