Register to vote deadline tonight
- Credit: Archant
St Albans people have until a minute to midnight tonight to register to vote in the General Election.
So far, more than two million people have registered - the most being on the day Theresa May announced the snap election.
St Albans council electoral registration officer, Mike Lovelady, said last week: “We urge everyone not yet registered to vote to register by the Monday, May 22 deadline to ensure that their voice is heard
“This election is an opportunity to say who you want to represent you at a national level. We don’t want anyone to miss out on this opportunity.”
If you have never voted, have moved constituency, or have turned 18 recently then you will need to register if you have not done so already.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can register to vote by visting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans