Register to vote deadline tonight
- Credit: Archant
St Albans people have until a minute to midnight tonight to register to vote in the General Election.
So far, more than two million people have registered - the most being on the day Theresa May announced the snap election.
St Albans council electoral registration officer, Mike Lovelady, said last week: “We urge everyone not yet registered to vote to register by the Monday, May 22 deadline to ensure that their voice is heard
“This election is an opportunity to say who you want to represent you at a national level. We don’t want anyone to miss out on this opportunity.”
If you have never voted, have moved constituency, or have turned 18 recently then you will need to register if you have not done so already.
You may also want to watch:
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered, you should check with your local electoral registration office.
You can register to vote by visting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book